Yes, this event happened nearly 2 weeks ago. I am totally lame and convinced myself that I was too busy doing other more "important" things besides updating my blog. These "important" things consisted of facebooking, sleeping, doing homework, eating asinine amounts of cookies, and hanging out with friends/the boyfriend. You can be the judge to whether or not that is an good excuse or not, but one thing is for sure. I have definitely settled in here and have adopted a routine very similar to one back home, just with more accents and prettier weather.
So! The Auckland weekend: great fun! Woke up at 7:30 am, after going to bed at nearly 3:30 am (dont ask why) and heading out to Auckland with my pal Alana and her kiwi friend Kate! Who is totally awesome by the way. Its probably pretty pathetic, but I almost consider the best part of this weekend away the fact that I actually heard THUNDER in New Zealand. It was so exciting. For those of you who dont know, NZ doesnt ever get thunder storms. Its freakish. And weird.
From the thunder scenario where we got completely soaked running through the city in a down pour of rain, we bought tickets to Avenue Q at the Civic Center! I had no idea what to expect for this show; all I knew was it involved really crude puppets, like Sesame Street for adults. Who doesnt love crude puppets? It was so much more than I expected! For one, it was a musical. It was absolutely hilarious, political, heart-warming, pornographic. It was just perfect. The second half of the show was even more perfect due to the fact that Alana and I bought alcoholic slushie beverages in glowy cups that had a larger alcohol percentage than any of the drinks served in the shit bars in town. I was literally drunk at 3 pm.
From the show we went to, gasp, WENDYS! IN NEW ZEALAND! SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH IN NEW ZEALAND! My life is now complete.
After "lunchinner" we went shopping in overpriced accessory stores. You know, the bright white stores with lots of huge pictures of microscopic models, cleverly placed next to mirrors so when you look in the mirror next to the image of the bedazzled bitch you think: "HOLY SHIT! I need to buy this really expensive makeup to look like this chick!". It was good fun though. I immediately went to the food part of the store, of course. I came back and Alana was literally still in the same place, having the longest orgasm known to man over MAC blush and eyeshadow.
The evening did not end here, actually, sadly, running low on energy, we were only half way through. We were picked up and escorted to a Roller Derby bout. Oh my GOD. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. All I could think the entire time I was there was "I HAVE TO DO THIS! THIS PERFECTLY COMBINES ALL MY CHILDHOOD SKILLS!". Which were obviously playing inline street/league hockey with boys and winning all the skating races at the local roller rink. So, for some retarded reason, I fell in love with the burly, tattooed, beautiful women in sparkly booty shorts and fishnets, beating the crap out of each other and skating in circles. I have convinced my self I need to do this to such an extent that I am literally going to the Hamilton teams practice tomorrow to see if I can even remember how to skate. This should be interesting, and will be continued.
After derby, went back to Kate's friend David's house, drank a little (well in my case I drank nothing but redbull to try and fathom being awake for nearly 24 hours). And went out to Auckland bars. Great times. Lots of lesbians making out, gays dancing to Lady Gaga, and other fun events. Took a cab back to Alana's friend Sam's house at like 3 am. What a awesome chick, she had the coolest house I have ever seen and definitely, hands down, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in my life.
The End. By Rachael.
Tuesday, May 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment